Author Topic: Documentation  (Read 26417 times)

Alex_Longard

Re: Documentation
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:02 AM »
Hi John,
I try to rewrite VST sdk for O2, I just did not see examples for "prototypeof" and some others commands...
It is difficult to understand pointers in O2, after being used to writing on pure C and a bit strange PureBasic.
When I make a minimally working project, I want to put it in you sandbox so that other people can see how can write very fast and convenient code for DSP on O2.

John

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2019, 10:09:26 AM »
This is outside my level of expertise and Charles should test this and place it in the sandbox where he thinks it should go.

@Charles- You can use the web UI for the sandbox to add / change files. Just add a commit note so we know why it's there.

Charles Pegge

• Admin Support Member
    • Oxygen Basic
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
Hi Alex,

I would be very interested to see your VST work. Perhaps we can include some in the package.

O2 hides its pointers. This is consistent with BASIC parameters passed byref, but opposite to the way pointers are handled in C. The variable address is set by left sided expressions like:

&v=pt
or
@v=pt

Alex_Longard

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2019, 12:56:20 AM »
Hi Charles!
I while write my first plugin in pure C,
and now i very slow write this in O2. I donít know how to write some functions that are not in O2, I have to use what is already there Msvcrt.inc.
This will work very badly, the plugin should be less dependent on winapi, unless it is a graphics functions.
Big thanks for your pointer example, it's very helpful to me!

There my code in last post:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=518049