Author Topic: Forum Activity  (Read 3288 times)

John

Re: Forum Activity
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 07:06:01 pm »
I ended up getting a gigabit switch as trying to port forward throuh the router LAN port was unstable.

New Switch

John

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2020, 07:56:34 am »
Charles,

If you are having any problems logging into your Plesk control panel let me know in a PM.

This migration turned into a nightmare when trying to add an IP to AWS trashed the server instance. AllBASIC.info and ScriptBasic.org are seriously compromised and trashed Plesk when trying to migrate the forums. I will need to rebuild these two forums on a local copy of Plesk. The RaspberryBASIC.org site is operational and seems to be fine.

I'm now off AWS and Comcast and running 100% fiber local.

The attached image shows server usage under Plesk.  :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:42:20 am by John »

John

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2020, 07:35:54 pm »
OT

I just found out my Windows 10 Power Shell had SSH / SFTP built in. You may need to enable it as it's not enabled by default.

John

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 12:56:27 pm »
Once I get my new server updated with all the cleaned up forums I host I plan to create another AWS EC2 sever instance as an insurance policy if my local server goes down for any reason. All I would need to do is restore the sites from my latest offline backups and switch DNS IPs on Route 53.

John

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:49 pm »
I was able to install gitlab-ce on my new Raspberry Pi 4B 8Gb. I have the ScriptBasic repo (sb-dev) in the sandbox.

https://basic-sandbox.us/scriptbasic/sb-dev

John

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 10:13:01 pm »
Looks like Theo updated PHP exposing about a half a dozen deprecation issue I had to fix with 2.0.17 SMF. I wonder if he knows anything about PHP? Typically I would share the fixes with other forum admins but since I was banned there, they can go to hell.

I would be willing to bet money that Jose Roca's forum has been compromised and members e-mail and passwords are out in the wild.
Welcome to the Jose Roca spam server! It won't be long before your e-mail is added to spammer databases. Good luck getting that undone.

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /homepages/21/d38531796/htdocs/jose/smfforum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3825

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:29:11 pm by John »